Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer Happenings


I cannot believe my 6 months of vacation is almost over and school will be about to start. Everything fell into place in regards to school. The school, the housing + roommates search went smoothly.
This past month at home has been trying, both emotionally and personally. Emotionally for my mother as she saw her father go into the hospital time and time again to get treatment. God has provided though, in that He has made the treatment free and more importantly, He has given my grandpa a second chance of life. Personally, my relationship with my little cousin has taught me how impatient, un-loving and shallow I can be towards those that are very different physically. I am trying to be less superficial and reach out, because what is it that makes us deserving of Jesus' love?
Summer in Recap:
-Cassandra & Matt got married! (professional photos coming) & the trip to Beth's Cafe to follow with HCC
-Zoo & Aquarium with Mei
-Scavenger Hunt with HCC
-too many awesome games of ultimate frisbee
-Bachelorette Party
-Hiking Mt. Si (I'm officially a Washingtonian now :D )
-Getting to know my regulars by name & actually establishing relationships with them
-Celebrating Grandpa's birthday for the first time & seeing the joy on his face

No comments: